privacyLast Edited: May 25, 2016 @ 10:45 Reason: Typographical error!
What do we mean by “personal information?”
For us, “personal information” means information which identifies you, like your name or email address. Any information that falls outside of this is “non-personal information.” If we store your personal information with information that is non-personal, we will consider the combination as personal information. If we remove all personal information from a set of data then the remaining is non-personal information.
How do we learn information about you?
We learn information about you when:
You give it to us directly (e.g., when you sign up to the support forums for support); we collect it automatically through our products and services (e.g., when your browser checks with us to see if is up to date [IP address, browser version]); or when cyberfox update manager checks for updates (e.g., [IP address, current browser version]);
What do we do with your information once we have it?
When you give us information, we will use it in the ways for which you’ve given us permission. Generally, we use your information to help us provide and improve our products and services for you. (e.g., When you contact us via our web form to provide support your IP address, Browser user-agent and email address to reply too); or (e.g., When you sign up to our support forums, Your username, email address and IP address); these pieces of information are used solely to provide you with our products and services and in cases of our web form are deleted once the ticket is resolved.
How do we store and protect your personal information?
We are committed to protecting your personal information once we have it. We implement physical, business and technical security measures. Despite our efforts, if we learn of a security breach, we’ll notify you so that you can take appropriate protective steps.
We also don’t want your personal information for any longer than we need it, so we only keep it long enough to do what we collected it for. Once we don’t need it, we take steps to destroy it unless we are required by law to keep it longer. (e.g., When a support ticket is created via the web form and the ticket is resolved the information collected is deleted [IP address, Name, Email address] etc.);
Things you should know:
We may receive personal information from you based on your interaction with us on social media platforms or If you sign-up for an account on our support forums.
- Social Media: If you engage with our social media accounts, such as Twitter and Facebook, we may receive personal information about you. If you use these networks, their privacy policies apply, and you are encouraged to read them.
- Accounts: Some websites, for example support forums, require account creation to submit posts, threads and content; submit user reviews or comments; You may periodically receive emails in connection with your account.
Cookies are used to access the support forums, Cookies are used for cyberfox.8pecxstudios.com theme preferences etc.
- Metrics: Cookies and third party services help us understand in the aggregate how users engage with our products, services, communications, websites, online campaigns, devices, and other platforms. We use:
- Google Analytics, which places a cookie on your device, to obtain metrics on how users engage with our websites. This helps us to improve site content. This helps us offer better web experiences to users and helps us with search engine optimization.
- Google Adsense, which may use your ip address information and browser information to show a ad relevant to your current location etc, We use a couple of advertisements to help with growing server costs, their privacy policies apply, and you are encouraged to read them, you can at any time install a blocker like ublock origin to block these ads or any tracking they may have.
You can control individual cookie preferences, indicate your cookie preferences to others, opt-out of web analytic.
- Cookie History: You can accept or decline individual cookies in your Cyberfox preferences in the Tools/Options/Privacy history section. Note that certain features of our products and services may not function properly without the aid of cookies.
- Do Not Track: 8pecxstudios does not track users across third party websites to provide targeted advertising. You can enable Do Not Track in Cyberfox in the Tools/Options/Privacy section on Tracking. This lets you indicate a preference to third party websites about the way your information is collected and used online.
- Email: Our communications are optional to receive and you can unsubscribe from the footer of the email or by updating your support forum email preferences.
- Analytics: If you do not want data about your visits to 8pecxstudios websites to be collected by Google Analytics, you can install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on. The add-on keeps your visits anonymous and prohibits data transmission to Google Analytics. You can turn on Do Not Track in your browser.
- Social Media: The social sharing buttons on 8pecxstudios websites are designed not to share data with the social media provider until you specifically click the button.
Cyberfox fan gear website allows you to make purchases (such as novelty items or gear). These transactions are processed by third parties, and not 8pecxstudios.
Payment Processing: 8pecxstudios does not receive any financial information, which is transmitted from you to our third party vendors for processing. The name of the third party will be displayed at the time of the transaction. For more information on our data practices with third party vendors see their privacy policies, postage & handling is also handled by third party vendors (e.g., When you buy a fan item a postage service handler may need your postal address to send the product.);
We may need to change this policy and our notices. The updates will be posted online. If the changes are substantive, we will announce the update through 8pecxstudios usual channels for such announcements such as post in our support forums or via our social media channels. Your continued use of the product or service after the effective date of such changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes. To make your review more convenient, we will post an effective date at the top of the page.